Friday, July 13, 2012

Appendicitis then Sick Sick Sick

Driving back from our camping trip I started to get a major pain in my stomach. It just got worse and worse as we got home. I thought it would go away if I went to bathroom or threw up.. but it didn't! Tried it and did it and the pain was still there.. just moved a little bit from my upper stomach to my lower. I could feel something right around my appendix so I suggested to Brady it could be Appendicitis. He looked it up and sure enough I had all the symptoms they had on there. I called my Mom who suggested we go to hospital right away. So in pain, where I couldn't even stand up straight, we had Chelsea come over to watch the kids and went to the hospital after just a couple hours of getting home from camping.. where I was totally fine.. I thought. 

When we got to the hospital of course I started to feel better. You always do when you go to the doctor. But, I told them my symptoms and from that and a CAT Scan they decided to take out my appendix. This was good because they said it would have burst in a couple days. So, they knocked me out pretty fast and then I was in a recovery room.. at least that is all I remember. Everything went really well but I felt like CRAP! Getting over the anesthesia and dealing with the pain and discomfort was super not fun! I thought it would be great to get a good night of sleep in the hospital without a newborn needing to be feed or being at home with a 9 month old next to me, but NO.. I had nurses in constantly to check on me.

LUCKILY, Brady and my mom were there! Brady was able to take care of the kids since I could barely move let alone pick up kids. Mom and Kim helped a lot too! Thanks!  It was hard when they all left but I think I am basically back to normal with a few tiny scars and a hate for liquid diets! 

Well just a couple weeks after the surgery and finally feeling better we all got sick! First Scott, then me, then Brady and Marshall got it just a bit! Lame!

We just sat around a lot for a couple days!
Luckily, we are all doing better now! No fun!

No comments: