Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Katie hit a dog.. A dog hit Katie!

Well, its been about 2 weeks now not having a car and it looks like it isn't even close to being finished.

On May 2nd I went to pick up Jared and Kelsy from the airport a little before midnight. I was about to Thanksgiving Point on the 15 when I saw a big black dog right in the middle of my lane and not even a second later hit it. It smashed the front of our car and bumped a couple times under it. Because of the construction I couldn't really pull over so I just hoped that the dog died.

I was so freaked out.. nothing like this had ever happened to me. The car was driving fine so I figured I would just hurry and get to the airport and then look at the car. Well, about when I hit the 215, the car wouldn't accelerate anymore. It turned to HOT and then died. It all happened really fast. I pulled over. For those of you who don't know the 215 at midnight. It's dark and creepy. Anyway. I was by myself for a while but called Grandma and Grandpa. They woke up to come get me and Jared and Kelsy at the airport. Grandpa and I waited for the tow truck and followed it to the shop.

Anyway, we stayed at Grandma's that night and didn't get to bed til at least 2. The dog was apparently pretty big because not only did it bust the bumper and grill, it broke the radiator and others things. We just found out that there is even more damage that I don't really understand but it is going to be expensive (for the insurance company luckily). If they would've found this other damage to the top of the engine before they fixed other things, they probably would've just called it Totaled.. from a dog! Crazy huh. I feel bad for the dog.. but seriously what was a dog doing on the freeway?! Stupid dog.

In the meantime, it is raining and cold which makes it hard for Brady to get to work because biking is the only other form of transportation we have! But we have dealt with it for 2 weeks and can hopefully deal with it for however much longer we need to. Thanks to all our friends and family who have let us borrow their car or given us a ride! We really appreciate it.

Coming soon... Brady just took a river rafting trip and a camping/hiking trip with his class. He will hopefully get some pictures out soon!

No comments: