Friday, July 31, 2009

Labor and Delivery

Ok so I have already written this story and the internet stopped working so I am going to try to keep this as short as possible... So on Monday July 20th after being at Bear Lake for 2 weeks I went to the doctor for a check up. She sent me to the hospital to take some tests for high blood pressure and said I may be induced if it doesn't go down. So after running to Grandma's to grab my phone that I left there and then to the school to get Brady I drove myself and Brady to the hospital to possibly have a baby (2 weeks early)! A little strange and emotional. Before the hour of testing was over they decided to induce and moved us to another room. I got to eat one last time and then they started me on some sublingual medication to thin out my cervix. This usually is taken every 3-4 hours for about 12 hours but after only taking it twice, my water broke and I was on my own. I didn't even have to go on Petossin (or how ever you spell it). So then I started getting contractions which were absolutely horrible so I got an epidural. As the epidural started working a midwife came in to break my water and told me I was almost a 5. Only about an hour and half later and a lot of pressure that killed I was checked again and was a 9+.

This is before the delivery!
Mom and Mindi waited a little until I started pushing. Pushing was easy to me. It took about an hour and a half. My contractions were so far apart that I was able to rest between and he just came out little by little. It was so amazing! I could not stop crying when they laid him on my chest! Brady was amazed as well!!

Here is Brady with the baby!

Here is our new family!

After having him I felt fine but then started to lose a lot of blood. The nurses kept pushing on my stomach and more and more blood would come out. So I had to stay in that room for longer. I was about to pass out by the time I got to my other room and got breakfast. I hadn't eaten in about 20 hours and had lost so much blood. It was horrible. I couldn't really enjoy the moment with Brady and Marshall. The next day I felt a little better but I am still not feeling great! It is so great to have Marshall though! He is the cutest baby I have ever seen! We just love him to death.
Here is proud grandma with her two new grandbabies!!

3 comments:

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

ok.. out of all the new family pictures with their baby. I LOVE YOURS THE BEST! Its like catching the family moment! Not OK POSE NEW FAMILY! I LOVE THAT! I need to make sure a nurse will get one like that for me. :)

I love how you told the truth too.

it really bugs when everyone is like "oh i don't remember any pain just the love of my baby" and all that.

Thank you for being truthful!

I LOVE YOU! miss you tons!

DNF (Hammer) said...

Thanks, this was a great post. I cant believe you guys are finally parents!I agree with ashley about the picture... i guess thats another great thing about having your family there. And katie i still cant get over how great you look after delivery!

Mindi said...

What a good idea to write the whole story! I will never forget that day. It was such a neat experience for me! Thank you. I love Marshall!